A Place To Get The Best Out Of You!
# Start each day by telling yourself something really positive: How well you handled a situation, how lovely you look today. Anything that will make you smile.
#Take time out to calm your mind every day: Breathe in and out, clear your mind of your thoughts and just be.
# Fill your body with food and drink that nourishes it and makes it thrive.
#Remember your value doesn’t lie in how your body looks.
#Don’t believe everything you think: There is an inner critic inside of us trying to keep us small and safe. The downside is this also stops us from living a full life.
#Surround yourself with people who love and encourage you: Let them remind you just how amazing you are.
#Stop comparing yourself to others: There is no one on this planet like you, so you cannot fairly compare yourself to someone else. The only person you should compare yourself to is you.
#Don’t be afraid to let go of toxic people: Anyone who makes you feel anything less than amazing doesn’t deserve to be a part of your life.
#Celebrate your wins no matter how big or small: Pat yourself on the back and be proud of what you have achieved.
#Step outside of your comfort zone and try something new: It’s incredible the feeling we get when we realize we have achieved something we didn’t know or think we could do before.
#Embrace and love the things that make you different: This is what makes you special.
#Realize that beauty cannot be defined: It is what you see it as. Don’t let any of those Photoshopped magazines make you feel like your body isn’t perfect. Even those models don’t look like that in real life.
#Follow your passion: You know that thing that gets you so excited but scares you at the same time. The thing you really want to do but have convinced yourself it won’t work. You should go do that!
#Be patient but persistent: Self-love is ever-evolving. It’s something that needs to be practised daily but can take a lifetime to master. So be kind and support yourself through the hard times.
#Find something to be grateful for every day: It’s inevitable that you are going to have your down days. This is fine and very human of you. It’s especially important on these days to find at least one thing you are grateful for as it helps to shift your mind and energy around what’s going on.
#Reach out to family, friends, teachers who you need to help you through the tough times: You are not expected to go through them alone.
#Learn to say no. : Saying no sometimes doesn’t make you a bad person, it makes you a smart person.
Find your happy place: Where’s the one place you feel totally at ease, calm, happy, positive, high on life? Go to that place when you are going through hard times, or imagine yourself being there. Think about how it feels, what it smells like, what it looks like.
Using Self Love journal prompts is the perfect way for you to start to build up your self-esteem and confidence. Focusing on your self worth is one of the most effective ways that will help you to manage your mental health. Having high self-esteem greatly improves your mood, your depression and anxiety. Therefore if you haven’t already added journaling to your self-care routine, it's best to start now!
Benefits of Journaling:
- Reduces anxiety, depression and mental health problems.
- You get to know yourself better
- Provides a sense of clarity
- Builds self-worth
- Helps you organise and analyse problems
- Puts things into perspective
- Improves your relationship with others
For some, the best way to keep a journal is to write down whatever is passing through their mind. But many people prefer to use prompts as a guideline. To start your own Self-love Journaling journey pick one or a few of these questions below, and give yourself permission to free write your answers without any judgment or pressure. The goal: Simply see what you can learn about yourself and the way you take care of yourself.
1. What makes you feel powerful?
2. What makes you feel calm?
3. What makes you feel in control?
4. How do you encourage yourself when you're trying something new?
5. What's a choice you can make this week based on your needs?
6. How do you shift your mindset if it isn't working for you?
7. How do you recharge?
8. How can you celebrate yourself today?
9. What does your situation best look like today?
10. What helps you slow down and feel more present?
11. What can you do today that you didn’t think you could do a year ago?
12. What's a goal you want to accomplish and why?
13. How do you put yourself first without feeling guilty?
14. How do you practice self-acceptance?
15. How do you stay focused and stay clear of distractions?
16. How do you trust yourself to make big decisions?
17. How do you set boundaries and avoid absorbing someone else's emotions and stress?
18. How do you savour the time you get alone?
19. How do you notice when you're nearing burnout?
20. How do you share your feelings with the people who care about you?
“As there are a thousand thoughts lying within a man that he does not know till he takes up the pen to write.” William Makepeace Thackeray
The Soul Journal Team